December 31, 2008

2008

I started 2008 with pain. And unfortunately ends it with pain too. But in between there were joy, anxious, sadness, anger and all the feelings that a normal human can feel.

Here’s to sum up the year of 2008 as I could remember it.

In early January I had a broken leg that forced me to use crouches for 4 months. Wasn’t the favorite moment of my life but it does thought me some very valuable lessons; I know how difficult it is for an OKU to move around, how it effect the people around me, and how SJMC is the best hospital. An oh! Don’t ever ride a motorcycle!

In February my family suffers a great loss. My grandmother, Tok Tom whom I cherish and love so much passed away. It happened too fast. Now we have no more grandma and grandpa of both side of my parents. No more kampung as well. But my dad seems to want balik kampung every Raya, eventhough my god! It damn boring. I want to celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri in Subang!

In late March, I can finally walk with my own 2 feet! No more crouches! I remembered I tried walking on my own that night. The happiest night of my life! (so far)

In April, I started my special semester and I had the best Physics Lecturer in my life! Thank you Dr. Rosmiza Mokhtar. Also not to forget, the best Calculus Lecturer! Pn. Zarina Abdul Rahman.

In May, nothing exciting happened.

In June, had a yC gathering at The Apartment KLCC. I’m sure you guys remember it. That’s when all the other yC gatherings started to held almost every month. And also the SHAH ALAM CRAZY NIGHT, everyone was there. Thank you all yC. tQah, Ween, Farahin, Ain, Liesa, Ifah, Nana, Sue, Zafa, and Sara.

In July, I started my 1st semester of my 1st year Bachelor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Hons).

In August, my dad bought a new Gen.2 CPS for my bro. as all of you already know; I treat it like ‘harta sendiri’. Kemana sahaja dengannya.

In September, I joined UNITEN’s Robogamez 2008 with Nana. Great experience working with others and to learn few things about robots (I’m such a nerd). Again, my family suffers a loss. Opah passed away 2 weeks after Ramadhan started. 3 days later a spooky incident happened in my parent’s bedroom that only Neo and Miki know what was really ‘there’ with me, mum & Sis to see their reaction.

In October, we celebrated the first Hari Raya Aidilfitri without Tok Tom. I’ve never felt that sad when we visited her grave on the 2nd day of Hari Raya. Apart from that, it’s full of Open House!

In November, Neo got sick for almost a month. I thought I was losing him but Alhamdulillah, it wasn’t his time yet. He got back on his feet and gaining back all the loss fat by the day. I on the other hand was like his personal Vet and driver, taking him back and forth every day to the clinic and hand-feeding him! Again, lots of yC gatherings! The ‘so-far-the-biggest-and-merriest-gathering’ we ever had was at Borneo Rainforest, Sunway. Who came? Let’s see, me, tQah, Ween, Farahin (and Shafiq), Sue, Nana, Ain, Ifah, Zieq, Nazmi, Azraii, Amil, Muiz, Faiz, Helmi, Azri. We went on and on talking till we got lost the track of time. I got home at 1am. Yikes!

In December, I started my 2nd semester. My December was full of my family and girlfriends and I wasn’t ready to go back to UNITEN. My dad bought a new house and every week we were busy buying stuffs to furnish the house for the tenant. There’s where I had my joyful time in the swimming pool. Till I hurt myself. Haih. But this was the best December I had so far. Talk about birthday partays; tQah’s and mine. The national holidays that kept me away from UNITEN. The time I had with my two girlfriends, tQah and Ween. I’ll never forget that guys. Love you both so much! The wonderful moment I had on 23rd December at exactly 11.55am at COE foodcourt. And the heartbreaking moment 3 hours later.

I started 2008 with pain. And unfortunately ends it with pain too. But in between there were joy, anxious, sadness, anger and all the feelings that a normal human can feel. 2008 brings out the better of me. Now I’m hoping 2009 will bring out the best of me. How it will? It’s a mystery that’s would only be solved on the next 31st December.

Now that I am 19 years old (and 10 days), I will be more mature and handle my problems gracefully. Professionally. Be more responsible. Be cool. Enjoy myself while still young. While still being a student. That’s my New Year resolution of 2009 and this Awal Muharam.

I’ll end this with BIG THANK YOU from me to all of you who made 2008 the best year I had so far!


may 2009 be a great time for all of us. Insyaallah.